Cleaning is never funny for businesses. For most people in Arizona, it is one of the most tiresome activities in life. Rarely will you hear people associate it with the word ‘fun’. As a commercial cleaning company Office Keepers loves and enjoys the cleaning business, and we want to break the negative connotations that are usually attached to it.
So here are some fun facts about cleaning that hopefully will help change the way you look at cleaning your businesses and workplaces.
Did you know that…
1. 50-60% of the average person’s time is spent at the office. This means that keeping your office cleans should be one of your priorities.
2. By cleaning for two hours, you burn 200 worth of calories. In fact, different cleaning chores burns varying amount of calories in the body. Mopping for an hour, for example, can burn about 153 calories and scrubbing the tub for 15 minutes lets you shed 90 calories.
3. Every year about 300,000 cases of reported illnesses are food-borne. Making it a habit to wash your hands after handling food is the best way to avoid falling victim to such illnesses.
4. You need to leave antibacterial cleaners on dirty surfaces for 30 to 60 seconds before wiping it away. It allows enough time for the cleaner to absorb dirt and kill bacteria and germs.
5. Around 70-80% of dust particles are dead skin cells.
6. Iceland, according to researchers at Columbia and Yale Universities, is the cleanest country in the world having a score of 93.5. While Sierra Leone ranks the lowest having only a score of 32.1. The scores were based on several factors such as water and air quality; greenhouse emissions; environmental public health; and the diversity of the ecosystem.
8. Whenever you flush your toilet, “toilet plumes” or small waste particles get sprayed into the air, which you can inhale or can attach itself on your toothbrush. Starting today, make it a habit to close the lid before flushing the toilet.
9. Banana peels can be used to polish silver and leather shoes. So the next time you have bananas, be sure to keep the banana peels. It can help you save on polish products.
10. An office phone contains about 25,000 germs per square inch. But there’s no need to panic. All you have to do is give your office phone a quick wipe with a disinfecting wipe daily.
If you want to ensure that your workplace stays completely germ-free and clean at all times, don’t hesitate to ask help from professional commercial cleaners. They have the right tools and equipment to remove deep-seated dirt and tough germs in any part of your workplace. You can also rest assured that your building will be cleaned to the highest standards.
By hiring a commercial cleaning company like Keepers Commercial Cleaning you can ensure that your office or place of business will remain clean, sanitized and healthy for you, your staff and your customers.
I would like to know more about this subject if you don’t mind.
Thanks for also talking about where dust typically comes from. I’d like to hire commercial cleaning services someday because I’m interested in opening a bookstore soon. Keeping dust off of the books would be a good idea.